Soothing & Calming
Soothing and calming cosmetics that diminish skin irritation and redness
Cosmetic products may protect the skin from outside aggression in order to reduce irritation and redness. They have a soothing or calming effect, which makes skin look healthier. Related cosmetic claims :
- Protection from outside aggression
Our approach in 5 simple steps
- Tests for active ingredients and cosmetic formula
- Biological in vitro models adapted to your claims
- A wide range of possibilities to test your cosmetics
- Your benefits
- Our Tools
We test the soothing or calming effect of active cosmetic ingredients or formulas used in anti-redness cream, products for sensitive skin, anti-irritation products, soothing skin creams, calming face balms….
To determine whether your ingredient or product has a soothing or calming effect on human skin, SYNTIVIA offers in vitro tests on 3 different biological models:
- Primary cells in a 2D culture obtained from all types of donors.
- Dermal or epidermal spheroids, primary cell in 3D-culture which reflect the human skin microenvironment more adequately.
- Human skin explants from young to mature donors. We use the NativeSkin® model, a full-thickness human skin biopsy embedded in a solid and nourishing matrix while its epidermal surface is left in contact with air. The skin biopsy is firmly embedded in the matrix that prevents any lateral diffusion of topically applied formulations.
We always pick the biological model that seems most adapted to your research.
Our goal is to test your cosmetic claims in the most adequate way possible. Our expertise often helps us to suggest new test targets.
To study the soothing or calming effect of your product or ingredient, SYNTIVIA may study:
- Cell metabolism
- Inflammation markers
- Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory peptides
- Degradation of the extracellular matrix
Depending on the tests and tools used, our high-tech equipment allows us to supply you with:
- A large amount of data on targeted genes and/or fluorescent markers (cytokines, matrix metaloproteinases (MMP) and other markers of interest…)
- Expert guidance on the results obtained
- Reliable data and statistics
- 2D images and videos and 3D static and dynamic images to include in your sales documents and technical documents
To substantiate your cosmetic claim of soothing and calming effects, we have a wide range of high-tech life science equipment at our disposal for in-depth analysis.
When required, SYNTIVIA also uses the more common techniques of molecular biology, such as Western Blot, ELISA, enzymatic assay … in order to complete your project and obtain adequate results.